Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Solstice & Posting Parcels

Just a quick look at my recent "Out' box and a few shots of the sunset walk I took during the Solstice.

Mail Surprises I've sent out into the World recently:

Front of a Mail Art parcel I sent out to my Penfriend Beth L. in Canada. She is a fellow Avian lover, and which I certainly allowed to inspire this collage piece I created.



(Back of parcel to Beth)

Front & back of a Mail Art piece sent to Robotmad. She's a zinester who recently sent me a copy of her lovely perzine with poems called Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine.



I embroidered this for a crafty and sweet friend of mine, who is indeed named Sam.

(It's a red-winged blackbird, currently one of my favorite animals in the whole world!)

The Summer Solstice- (June 21st) Did you miss it? I hope not, it's a good day for making Good Magic. To commemorate the day, I went for a lengthy stroll around sunset. Did some reading by the lake, and didn't leave until the moon had risen and swift bats were on the wing.



On my way to the lake- can just see the sunset through the trees...


Oh, a beautiful watercolor evening over the lake. Worthy of Monet, I daresay.


I only got through a couple chapters before the sun had sunk behind the hills, taking all of those tender shades of lilac and rose with it. In it's stead, the trees creatied a stark black silhouette against the indigo sky.



And finally, in all of her glory, La Luna rose into the sky- dancing ever higher and radiating her silver glow. She reflected softly there in the water, as though the sky had fallen into the lake and rested upon the surface.


Oh, and it appears I wasn't the only one feeling festive for Solstice. Had a very young buck come down to the yard, apparently to wish me well for the change of season- and to sample some tender rosebuds while he was at it!


AND LASTLY..... The newest addition to my little knick knack family.

I purchased this little trinket at an estate sale full of owl things. And I had promised myself to stop buying owl items (I love them so!) but my resolve crumbled when I saw this. It reminded me so much of Harry Potter's Hedwig. At that, I simply could not resist.

1 comment:

Laura-Marie said...

I loved your beautiful mail!